Join the Seafair team! Our exclusive program includes internships with a focus in the following areas: Operations & Production, Sales & Hospitality, Communication & Marketing, Finance, and Foundation Management. Recognizing the important part an internship plays in a student’s professional growth, our goal is to help develop the necessary skills for those who wish to excel in the event industry. Successful interns will get hands-on experience in real-life non-profit festival situations, both the glamorous and mundane.
Most importantly, our interns will be an integral part of the team that runs some of the largest festivals in the Northwest. Seafair has been delighting the city of Seattle for over 71 years - come and be a part of Creating Memories and Uniting Communities.
Creative & Programming Intern
Reports to: Director of Creative & Programming
Seafair is seeking an Entertainment Production Intern to assist Seafair’s Event Producers with the planning and execution of all entertainment and event logistics in support of Seafair’s signature events.
- Assist in planning and execution of entertainment and event logistics for all Seafair events.
- Ensure clear communication with other departments and staff regarding event preparation, load-in/load-out and day-of logistics.
- Assist with communications with entertainers, agents and talent buyers regarding event details and logistics.
- Collaborate with Marketing Department to contribute entertainment-oriented social media and website content.
- Assist with technical planning for stage setup and audio-visual equipment requirements.
- Plan and implement event operations as directed.
- Assist in coordinating staffing plans for each event.
- Assist in setup and tear-down of event venues.
- Other office and event duties as assigned.
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional detail and follow through of tasks
- Must work well under pressure and be able to prioritize tasks while taking direction and requests from multiple people
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products. Preferred knowledge of Microsoft Project.
- Knowledge of talent buying and stage and audio systems preferred.
- Self-motivated with the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Must perform in a professional manner at all times and be able to represent the organization both internally and externally
- Required to work non-traditional hours including nights and weekends as assigned
- Above all, must have a positive attitude and be a team player even on long days
- Must have the ability to lift/carry weights of up to 40lbs
June – August – 40+hrs per week***
***Summer interns are required to work all Seafair Signature events, including:
Seafair Pirates Landing
Seafair Summer Fourth
Lucerne Seafair Milk Carton Derby presented by Safeway / Albertsons
Seafair Triathlon (expo and event)
Alaska Airlines Seafair Torchlight Parade & Torchlight Run
Seafair Fleet Week
Seafair Weekend Festival featuring the HomeStreet Bank Cup Hydroplane Racing and Boeing Air Show
- Complimentary tickets to the Seafair Torchlight Parade and Seafair Weekend (four per intern)
- Staff outings, post-event dinners, and kick-off and end of the summer parties
- Presentations by successful community leaders
- Opportunities for professional development and networking
Please send a cover letter and resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify in the subject line which term(s) and which position(s) you are applying for. No phone calls please.