Join the Seafair team! Our exclusive program includes internships with a focus in the following areas: Operations & Production, Sales & Hospitality, Communication & Marketing, Finance, and Foundation Management. Recognizing the important part an internship plays in a student’s professional growth, our goal is to help develop the necessary skills for those who wish to excel in the event industry. Successful interns will get hands-on experience in real-life non-profit festival situations, both the glamorous and mundane.
Most importantly, our interns will be an integral part of the team that runs some of the largest festivals in the Northwest. Seafair has been delighting the city of Seattle for over 71 years - come and be a part of Creating Memories and Uniting Communities.
Event Operations Intern
Reports to: Director of Events
Seafair is seeking two Event Operations Interns to assist the Director of Events with the design and implementation of all logistical needs at Seafair’s signature events this summer. Together, the two positions will assist with community outreach, equipment orders, signage, and other related event operations in support of Seafair’s signature events. This also includes setting up venues and breaking them down.
- Ensure clear communication with other departments and staff regarding event preparation, load-in/load-out and day-of logistics
- Assist with the creation and management of production plans and inventory database
- Solicit bids and acquire event assets as directed.
- Ensure accurate delivery and prompt return of rental equipment at each event
- Plan and implement event operations as directed by Director of Events.
- Assist in managing signage inventory and on-site implementation of signage and décor plans at all Seafair events
- Implement community outreach efforts for each of the events in accordance with City of Seattle Dept. Of Neighborhoods notification requirements.
- Assist in implementation of the Seafair Green Plan (recycling and waste management)
- Assist in setup and tear-down of event venues
- Develop an analysis of the internship including pros, cons and suggestions for improvement. Discuss with Operations Manager
- Other office and event duties as assigned
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional detail and follow through of tasks
- Must work well under pressure and be able to prioritize tasks while taking direction and requests from multiple people
- Must perform in a professional manner at all times and be able to represent the organization both internally and externally.
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products. Preferred knowledge of Microsoft Project.
- Self-motivated with the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Required to work non-traditional hours including nights and weekends as assigned
- Above all, must have a positive attitude and be a team player even on long days
- Must have the ability to lift/carry weights of up to 40lbs
June – August – 40+hrs per week***
***Summer interns are required to work all Seafair Signature events, including:
Seafair Pirates Landing
Seafair Summer Fourth
Lucerne Seafair Milk Carton Derby presented by Safeway / Albertsons
Seafair Triathlon (expo and event)
Alaska Airlines Seafair Torchlight Parade & Torchlight Run
Seafair Fleet Week
Seafair Weekend Festival featuring the HomeSteet Bank Cup Hydroplane Racing and Boeing Air Show
- Complimentary tickets to the Seafair Torchlight Parade and Seafair Weekend (four per intern)
- Staff outings, post-event dinners, and kick-off and end of the summer parties
- Presentations by successful community leaders
- Opportunities for professional development and networking
Please send a cover letter and resume via e-mail to email@example.com. Please specify in the subject line which term(s) and which position(s) you are applying for. No phone calls please.