Join the Seafair team! Our exclusive program includes internships with a focus in the following areas: Operations & Production, Sales & Hospitality, Communication & Marketing, Finance, and Foundation Management. Recognizing the important part an internship plays in a student’s professional growth, our goal is to help develop the necessary skills for those who wish to excel in the event industry. Successful interns will get hands-on experience in real-life non-profit festival situations, both the glamorous and mundane.
Most importantly, our interns will be an integral part of the team that runs some of the largest festivals in the Northwest. Seafair has been delighting the city of Seattle for over 70 years - come and be a part of Creating Memories and Uniting Communities.
Log Boom Sales & Fulfillment Intern
Reports to: Sales & Hospitality Team
Seafair is seeking an intern to support the Sales and Hospitality department in coordination and sales of our prestigious log boom boat tie-up. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational and communication skills. Experience in sales or events is preferable.
- Assist in selling log boom spaces to potential clients
- Assist with sending payment notifications to log boom participants
- Assist in the processing of log boom payments
- Assist in the planning of log boom boat assignments
- Send thank you emails
- Send informational emails
- Assist in overseeing the log boom operations over Seafair weekend to assure boat placement and assignments are correct.
- Minimum of two to three years in a degree relevant to sales or events
- Highly organized
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must work well under pressure and be able to prioritize tasks while taking direction and requests from multiple people
- Required to work non-traditional hours including nights and weekends as assigned
- Previous experience with boats is preferred
- Ability to work from a boat during Seafair Weekend
- Above all, must have a positive attitude and be a team player even on long days
- Must have the ability to lift/carry weights of up to 40lbs
June – August – 40+hrs per week*** – $500 monthly Stipend
***Summer interns are required to work all Seafair Signature events, including:
Seafair Pirates Landing
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance Seafair Summer Fourth
Lucerne Seafair Milk Carton Derby presented by Safeway / Albertsons
Swedish Seafair Triathlon (expo and event)
Alaska Airlines Seafair Torchlight Parade & Torchlight Run
Seafair Fleet Week
Seafair Weekend Festival featuring the HomeStreet Bank Cup and Boeing Air Show
- Complimentary tickets to the Seafair Torchlight Parade and Seafair Weekend (four per intern)
- Staff outings, post-event dinners, and kick-off and end of the summer parties
- Presentations by successful community leaders
- Opportunities for professional development and networking
Please send a cover letter and resume via e-mail to email@example.com. Please specify in the subject line which term(s) and which position(s) you are applying for. No phone calls please.