Join the Seafair team! Our exclusive program includes internships with a focus in the following areas: Operations & Production, Sales & Hospitality, Communication & Marketing, Finance, and Foundation Management. Recognizing the important part an internship plays in a student’s professional growth, our goal is to help develop the necessary skills for those who wish to excel in the event industry. Successful interns will get hands-on experience in real-life non-profit festival situations, both the glamorous and mundane.
Most importantly, our interns will be an integral part of the team that runs some of the largest festivals in the Northwest. Seafair has been delighting the city of Seattle for over 71 years - come and be a part of Creating Memories and Uniting Communities.
Seafair Community & Military Relations Intern
Reports to: Administrative Services Manager
Seafair is seeking an intern to help manage and coordinate the Seafair Fleet Week receptions and other VIP activations throughout Seafair's summer events. This intern will work with Seafair's key partners as well as various military installations in the Puget Sound area. This is a unique and professional opportunity that gives hands-on experience where you will interact with high-ranking members of the military and local government communities.
- Assist in event planning for Fleet Week events, including invitations, procurement, timelines, and deliverables
- Administrative tasks including correspondence, merchandise orders, filing, etc.
- Producing print, promotional, grant/funding requests, and informational materials
- Assist with VIP and military related areas for all Seafair events
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional detail and follow through
- Must work well under pressure and be able to prioritize tasks while taking direction and requests from multiple people
- Strong communication skills
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products.
- Self-motivated with the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Above all, must have a positive attitude and be a team player even on long days
- Must have the ability to lift/carry weights of up to 20lbs
June – August – 40+hrs per week***
***Summer interns are required to work all Seafair Signature events, including:
Seafair Pirates Landing
Seafair Summer Fourth
Lucerne Seafair Milk Carton Derby presented by Safeway / Albertsons
Seafair Triathlon (expo and event)
Alaska Airlines Seafair Torchlight Parade & Torchlight Run
Seafair Fleet Week
Seafair Weekend Festival featuring the HomeStreet Bank Cup Hydroplane Racing and Boeing Airshow
- Complimentary tickets to the Seafair Torchlight Parade and Seafair Weekend (four per intern)
- Staff outings, post-event dinners, and kick-off and end of the summer parties
- Presentations by successful community leaders
- Opportunities for professional development and networking
Please send a cover letter and resume via e-mail to email@example.com. Please specify in the subject line which term(s) and which position(s) you are applying for. No phone calls please.